Saturday, August 9, 2008

Sampaguita For Sale

Tonight, while me and my hubby rode a taxi heading for mall and the stop light was on its control, a little girl, around eight or nine years old, ran to our taxi and tried to sell Sampaguita flowers to us on the right window and a boy with the same age as her on my left window asking for money. Me and my hubby said no to them because we don't want them to get used with that because aside from its really dangerous on their part, its not their responsibility to look for money at that very young age.

When the traffic light shifted from red to green, the little girl and boy ran fast at an islet dividing the two roads. From that, I tend to ask myself, where are their parents? Why are they selling? Have they eaten dinner? What will happen to them if they will be "hit and run"?

No comments: